Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Discussion About Bisexuality

So for a first discussion, I wanted to explore Bisexuality for a minute. What does Bisexuality mean to you? What does being Bi or Bi-curious mean to you? Is there truly such a thing as being Bisexual, or are we simply attention whores and semi-closeted gays?
To me, being bisexual is being open to relationships, whether they are purely physical or emotional, or both. I think that being Bi simply means you are capable of finding an attraction to both sexes, of being able to have a relationship with either sex. You don't necessarily have to be sleeping with both sexes or in a relationship with both sexes to be Bi, but being open to these things helps.
I think that Bisexuality is very real, yet often misunderstood. We see a lot of people acting like they are into people of the same sex for attention, I will admit that. Are they doing it for attention? Are they just curious about the experience?
I don't necessarily want to draw conclusions on that.
I can speak for myself, however, so let's start there. I am definitely not glamming up my Bisexuality to get attention. I'm not an attention whore, nor am I just curious or sitting in the closet, afraid to come out as fully gay. I'm not straight, but I'm not gay, either. I have had relationships with guys and girls, and know that I find both sexes are hot, and feel equally comfortable being with either sex.
How do all of you feel about this topic? Let's get some of your viewpoints on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment